Shirley L. Horn is an attorney licensed to practice in the State of Michigan and the Federal Eastern District of Michigan since 1994. She attended The University of Michigan-Dearborn from 1983 to 1988 where she obtained a B.S. Degree, and attended the University of Detroit School of Law from 1990 to 1994, where she obtained a J.D.
She has been an actively practicing attorney in continuous good standing since 1994, practicing almost exclusively in the field of consumer bankruptcy, Eastern District of Michigan, since 1996.
Since 1996, Ms. Horn has been regularly associated with several bankruptcy law practitioners and firms, and opened her own consumer bankruptcy law practice in May, 2003.
Ms. Horn has successfully represented thousands of consumer and business debtors since 1996, and is a respected, knowledgeable practitioner in the field of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies.
She has continuously improved her legal education and has attended at least one seminar annually in the field of Consumer Bankruptcy, including those hosted by the CBA, NACBA, ABA, and ABI. In addition to seminars, Ms. Horn has attended other functions of the Eastern District of Michigan bankruptcy community, including the Dinner Series to negotiate BAPCPA, Attorney Forums at Trustee Offices, Walter Shapero Symposium(s), and Chief Judge Rhodes State of the Court Addresses.
She is a member in good standing of:
- NACBA (National Assoc. of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys)
- ABI (American Bankruptcy Institute)
- Federal Bar Association – Western District
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District
- Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Association
Seminars/ Continuing Legal Education for past three years:
- April 19, 2010, Consumer Bankruptcy Association/ICLE Bankruptcy Update Seminar. Total Hours: 8.0
- November 16, 2009 CBA/ABI Bankruptcy Update Seminar Total Hours: 8.0
- July 20, 2009, New Michigan Foreclosure Statute Seminar (CBA) , Total Hours: 3.0.
- June 12-14, 2009 Central States Bankruptcy Workshop (ABI), Total Hours: 10.00
- March 25, 2009 TMA & FBA 2009 Automotive Conference Total Hours: 8.0
- February 12, 2009 FBA (Eastern District) Judges Roundtable Luncheon “The Other Big Three” Total Hours: 8.0
- November 11, 2008 ABI Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Conference
- September 16, 2008 E.D. Mich District Chief Judge Rhodes State of the Court Address
- June 12-14, 2008 ABI 15th Annual Central States Workshop (ABI)Total Hours: 9.0
- June 5, 2008 Consumer Bankruptcy Association (CBA) CBA Dinner Meeting. Total Hours: 3.5
- April 11, 2008 Consumer Bankruptcy Association (CBA) Local Bankruptcy Seminar. Total Hours: 4.0
- March 13, 2008 4th Annual W. Shapero Bankruptcy Symposium “Professional Fees in Chapter 11” Total Hours: 3.0
- March 05, 2008 Dinner/Speaker: Federal Bar Association Walter Shapero Symposium Total Hours:1.5
- November 12, 2007 Seminar: American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Detroit Consumer Program. Total Hours: 7.0
- May 7, 2007 Seminar: Consumer Bankruptcy Association (CBA) ‘Nuts & Bolts’ Approach. Total Hours: 7.0
- November 2, 2006 State of the Court Address/Luncheon (Date uncertain)
- September 7, 2006 Dinner/Speaker: Federal Bar Association Walter Shapiro Symposium Total Hours:1.5
- July 28-30 FBA Federal Bar Association Bankruptcy Section Seminar and Bankruptcy BAPCA Boot Camp Total Hours: 9.0
- June 3, 2005 Consumer Bankruptcy Association (CBA) New Bankruptcy Code Seminar Total Hours: 4.0